Ehm & Co., the parent company to YMC.ca, is on the prowl for a self-motivated, skilled grammar maven with a fierce love for words. If you only split an infinitive that one time in high school as an experiment and you still regret it, you may be a fit for this part-time (approx. 10hr/wk to start) position!
We believe that your ability to spot a grammar gaffe at 50 paces is a gift and should not be kept from the world. If you are someone who thinks spending an afternoon writing an essay defending the Oxford comma sounds magical, and you always have red pens in your purse, consider us your new home!
We are looking to hire a part-time Assistant Editor for this GTA-based, primarily remote work position.
What You Will Do
As an editorial assistant, you will participate in daily liaison with our editorial team during regular work hours to prepare content across several platforms for publication. This will include:
· loading and editing posts to the system backend
· editing posts for grammar, spelling, syntax, and flagging EIC for larger issues
· editing copy for social platforms, newsletters, callouts, and other promotional materials
· editing evergreen posts for relevancy
· adding images to posts as supplied by our design team
· enforcing SEO best practices
· loading edited posts to the social scheduling page
· maintaining/curating content daily on our homepage
· some light writing duties as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
· Working knowledge of SEO and the digital space in parenting
· High degree of efficiency and accuracy
· Comfortable with CP Style
· An understanding that deadlines are not fluid, or “optional”
· Ability to work with our editorial team in a fun work environment (sense of humour is required)
· Propensity for working in fast paced, online environments
· High degree of flexibility shifting between platforms/mediums such as Word, Google Docs, Basecamp, Dropbox, WordPress, and Drupal.
· Applicants with writing skills strongly encouraged
To apply, please send a resume and, if available, examples of your writing you feel best showcases your work to email@example.com
(Bonus points for every applicant who can commiserate with our editorial team on the hours of life lost using Find+Replace to eliminate double spaces after periods.)